05 Nov New staff opportunities
Title: Principal Designer (CDM 2015)
Salary : £ TBA
John McCall Architects are looking for a Principle Designer:- To start as soon as possible.
Initially this Post will be working alongside our existing PD who will be retiring shortly and then working 3-4 days per week – to be agreed.
As a Principal Designer you will be responsible for a wide variety of projects and will have to liaise with many clients, so it is essential that you are extremely confident, competent and have the ability to present yourself to clients in a professional and engaging manner.
Your role as Principal Designer will be to provide excellent knowledge of CDM Regulations 2015 compliance as well as producing pre-construction information in line with CDM regulations, attending design & associated progress meetings and approving construction plans.
John McCall Architects have delivered efficient CDM and Principle Designer Service (& CDM Co-ordinator Service) for over the past 20 Years and are held in high regard for their attention
to detail and competency to carry out their duties to the highest standard.
The role of the Principal Designer / CDM Consultant
- Producing the Pre-Construction Information Pack
- Registering Projects (Form F10) with the Health & Safety Executive on behalf of the Client
- Approving Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans
- Preparing Health and Safety Files.
- Working as Principal Designer and Client Advisor
- Attending Design Team Meetings.
- CDM Regulations 2015 advice
The successful Principal Designer / CDM Consultant should ideally hold the following:
- Membership of IOSH and other Construction Industry Associations (i.e. Chartered Institute Of Construction)
- Extensive experience of the CDM Regulations 2015.
- 5+ years’ experience as Principal Designer / CDM Coordinator.
- Excellent organisation and presentation skills
The Package of the successful Principal Designer / CDM Consultant:
- Salary tba depending on experience.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 28 Days Holiday – pro rated,
- Flexible Working Arrangements.
If you are interested in our position, then please email your CV and Details to Admin@johnmccall.co.uk