The refurbishment and reconversion of 24 Georgian Town houses in Liverpool back into a mix of full town houses and apartments.
Client: Hollinwood Homes
Location: Central Liverpool
Located in central Liverpool, these 24 existing Georgian houses had been previously combined and converted to student accommodation by Liverpool University.
Originally built in the 1800’s, the area was named after George Canning who served as Foreign Secretary and Briefly Prime Minister. The area is now part of the Canning Street Conservation Zone.
As part of a larger redevelopment plan involving a new build Student Housing Scheme, which is being completed on an adjacent site, our clients appointed John McCall Architects to obtain Planning and Building Regs Approval, for reconverting this accommodation back into 38 new Luxury Houses and Apartments for Sale.
Following extensive negotiations with both planning and the local conservation officer and other Historical groups, approval for these proposals, was obtained in the summer of 2014.
Utilising the existing features of these traditional buildings, such as high ceilings, large windows and generous internal dimensions, each residence has been upgraded with new energy efficient measures along with a new modern design in order to create stylish and new contemporary units for sale.
Several of the houses had long abandoned Basement areas which were reclaimed as part of the redevelopment, in order to increase general living areas and provide linkages to the newly formed brick wall bounded gardens to the rear.